LIFE AFTER WE DO’S

Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Labor Day weekend with the Thornton's....
Sunday
Sunday we slept in a bit, well 9am. Got up and started getting ready. I was going to a birthday party, and Ashlei and Devan were coming with me. Keith was going to use the time to straighten up and do something around the house. So we headed out at 12pm to get to San Ramon by 12:30, we were a little lost along the way but ended up there around 12:30pm. It was my friend's Chris and Julie's daughter Malia's 5th birthday. She and her sister Ivy were already in bathing suits having fun in the park when we got there. We stayed for a couple hours and watched the kids open gifts, so cute! They were playing in the park most of time so I was not able to play as much as I wanted to but we will be going to Marine World next weekend so I am hoping I get more time then. You just can't compete with a slide, swings, water fountain and about 50 other kids their age.


Our Nephew Devan at the Birthday party:


Cutest little girls I know opening gifts, it is Malia's bday but Ivy joined in too..ahh sisterhood!







After we were at the party for a couple of hours we left to go to the Art and Soul festival in downtown Oakland. It is a really neat festival that is set up right in the heart of downtown Oakland. They have 5 stages that feature all kinds of music, food, arts and things for sell, and rides for kids to play on. I had seen in the local paper that Goapele was performing and I really wanted to see her since I missed her at Yoshi's. We got there just in time. Although it was packed we were able to hear her, and see her. After that we walked around for a bit and then ended up stopping at another stage where the Temptations were performing. It was a lot of fun, and both Devan and Ashlei seemed to enjoy it too.

Here is Goapele in the Red:


Temptations:




After the festival we went home and played dominos and Keith and Devan played dice.

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...