LIFE AFTER WE DO’S

Thursday, September 07, 2006

......Let them eat cake! ...

So last night I (Michelle) got a great idea to make some cupcakes I saw on-line the other day. They seemed really good, and pretty easy. They were pecan praline cupcakes. So I went out last night and bought all I needed to make these cupcakes. I thought I would surprise Keith and myself with this treat. Baking is not my specialty, especially from scratch! But I wanted to try something new. I am much better at making a "dinner entree" then I am a dessert like a cake or a cupcake.

So I started baking when everyone was done with dinner, the batter turned out great and I knew I was off to a great start. But I put the batter in the cupcake cups and I overfilled them. Much to my horror when I looked in the oven to check on them, they had overflowed and were flat on top. (sorry no picture). At this point I had already started to make the frosting so I decided to go ahead an make the batter again and make a cake. Those in the house who tried the flattened cupcakes agreed they were good, just wouldn't look so pretty. So I started again. The cake turned out fine this time, but the frosting was a bit too sweet for my taste. I put it on top anyhow, and lined up the pecans in little rows. It tasted okay, just not wonderful....I digress baking is not my thing. Now I have to come up with a dinner to redeem myself...hum....

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...