LIFE AFTER WE DO’S

Monday, October 09, 2006

Why did someone tell us it was October!!
Keith and I were talking about how we can't believe that September was here, and gone, before we even realized it. Maybe because it happened on a Sunday but it seemed we woke up one morning last week and summer was gone and Fall was upon us. To make it all more interesting Christmas and Thanksgiving are just around the corner. Our nephews just made plane arrangements to be here for the long Thanksgiving weekend! And Natalie is coming too... We are excited even if I show it more than Keith does! It is going to be lots of fun, and crowded just the way we like it.
Things have been busy as usual with us, especially yours truly. But I think life would be weird if I had it any other way. I sometimes wonder what it will be like when I am not on the go as much as I am now.
Wednesday Ashlei got out of the hospital and I went to dinner with the Larocque family minus one. Chris, Julie, and the ever so cute show stopper Ivy were on their way to SF to stay overnight before heading to FL for 10 days to see family. On their way they decided to stop over in Pleasanton to have dinner with myself and Chris' Mom Lynda. Very nice. It must have been Chris' idea because he is so good about things like that. :) I was joking that it is nice to do something middle week because then I don't feel like I am just living for the weekends. Ivy was very cute, and VERY excited to go to the hotel where I told her to order lots of room service on her parents tab. Lynda being grandma showed up with TONS of toys to keep Ivy and the adults occupied. I brought the camera. Here are some pictures from dinner.





Thursday I had a rehearsal after work for a wedding I had to do on Saturday. It was raining on Thursday, but I was sure it would clear up by Saturday. We did the rehearsal outside anyhow, the group was a lot of fun and the bride and groom have been wonderful to work with! Even if it was raining on the rehearsal day it lead to an amazing rainbow that was in the vineyards where they were to get married.



Friday was my Dad's 72nd birthday!! It was exciting that he has pulled through some of his health issues and in good condition for his 72nd birthday. It was just a year ago that we celebrated his birthday in the ICU and had to feed him frosting only because he could not eat any cake because of his tube. It was also the night that a most hated Dr. of his told us that he may not make it, and the night my Dad asked Keith to hold his hand through the night because he was afraid he was going to not make it. This birthday we had so much more to celebrate. Keith and I find it helpful to look back like that and see how far he has come, and realize that he could be so much further next year. So although I know he would love to be home celebrating birthday parties it is nice that he is able to celebrate anywhere and we will take them and cherish them. So my Mom, Keith and myself brought cake and balloons and really enjoyed laughing and celebrating. We made him try and blow out his candles, but after he couldn't he put it out with his fingers. Don't try that trick at home kids! But he made his wish and I hope they come true.....


0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...