LIFE AFTER WE DO’S

Thursday, October 19, 2006

"...Autumn is the first bite of a harvest apple... "
Well it has been a few days since I have had time to update so let me update. The weekend was nice Friday we went to the club in Concord and drank and danced. Devyn and her co-workers joined me. It was good fun, a post will follow this one. I also had a wedding but really the couple was nice and that is about it, so I am not going to post about that. Finally the spotlight of the entire weekend was Sunday when I went to Apple Hill. Hence the reason why this will be the first post.
I have been wanting to go to Apple hill for a couple years, but every time I want to go I have weddings or no one seemed interested. Keith wasn't sold on the idea so he wouldn't go. So instead I got my Mom to go. :). She was saying how we don't do things on the weekend and I thought this would be a great time to get her talked into going to Apple Hill. We also invited Ashlei and Donna to go along (my sil, and mil).
Apple hill is about 2 hours away from the Bay Area, tucked in the hills of Placerville in a small town of Camino. It is in the foothills on your way to Lake Tahoe. This is where California sees the seasons, where apples grow and pumpkin patches are hatched. Several orchids line small country roads, and when I say several I mean about 50. It is impossible to see them all, but you can try. Each orchid has craft booths, bbq, and everything apple you could ever imagine!
We left our house at 9 am to make our way up to the foothills. It took about two hours and we got to the first stop just after 11 am. We first stopped at the High Hill Orchids, they had a pond, lots of craft tables, and everything Apple. I was clearly excited to be there and trying to get those who came as excited as I was. We picked up a few pies and some Kettle Corn and then made our way to the Fudge house that was nearby, where I got Keith some Fudge and a Carmel apple.
We got back into the car and went to the next stop Boa Vista Orchids. There we did some wine tasting and bought some apple butter, apple turnovers, apple donuts (told you they had everything apple) and Donna and my Mom bought some Apple wine. We were going to eat lunch there but decided to head onto the next orchid and check out what they had.
We went to Abel's Apple Acres and had lunch on their outdoor patio. There were so many people in the area and I think half of them were in line to order lunch. After a long wait we sat and enjoyed lunch. Below the patio they had a hay maze, face painting, horse rides, and a pumpkin patch for the kids (and those who wanted to be kids). On our way out we bought some apple juice.

We decided to head back after this because we had a two hour travel and it was already almost 3pm. We stopped at Cardanini Pumpkin Patch and I picked the best pumpkin for only $3.00. It is at home waiting for me to carve it. :)

Apple hill was wonderful, it felt like fall, it had wonderful treats, and only in the Bay Area can you drive 2 hours and feel like you have driven to Vermont.
Here are some more pictures of our trip!

Pumpkin Patch where I got my pumpkin:


The sun was shining:


Mom buying some cool crafts...

The Pond at one of the orchids..








0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...