LIFE AFTER WE DO’S

Wednesday, February 23, 2011

A train ride

In keeping the birthday celebrating going, I told my Mom what I wanted for my birthday was to take Darrian on Amtrak to Old Sacramento. This was a trip I used to do often with my Mom when I was a kid, and I always loved it. Darrian is obsessed wtih trains. He will play for hours with them, and make up narriations for them. It is really cute. I love to see his excitement, that is a gift to me.
So last Saturday we set off, I talked to D about it all week so he was really excited. We got to the train station and he waited in anticipation for the train to arrive.
TRAINRIDE (9 of 51)
and when it did he was so excited to get on..
TRAINRIDE (11 of 51)
We took a seat and D was so happy and excited to be on a REAL train.
TRAINRIDE (14 of 51)
TRAINRIDE (15 of 51)
Me I took the opportunity to take a million pictures of him. I realized I rarely get to just sit and take his picture. He usually won't just sit, and two there is always something else needing to be done. It was really nice to have the opportunity to capture him. Even if it did start out like this..
TRAINRIDE (16 of 51)
But he warmed up and I was able to get these..
TRAINRIDE (18 of 51)
TRAINRIDE (17 of 51)
TRAINRIDE (50 of 51)

Before he said enough..
TRAINRIDE (19 of 51)

When we got off the train we went to lunch at Joe's Crab Shack, it was good but I think we ordered the wrong thing and next time I will order something a little less labor intensive (cracking shells is messy).
After lunch we walked around Old town checking out the trains and shops.
TRAINRIDE (27 of 51)
We then ran back to the train, ok well D ran. The boy loves to run.
TRAINRIDE (37 of 51)

We got aboard the train and enjoyed the ride back home, Darrian picked up a new train along the way. It was a great day. It was nice to spend time with just Darrian. I have taken him to lots of solo playdates, but this was just him with us not running off with friends. We had a great day.

TRAINRIDE (46 of 51)
TRAINRIDE (48 of 51)


Some of the other pictures I took can be found here , I took a total of about 50.

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...