LIFE AFTER WE DO’S

Saturday, November 10, 2007

Memories...

Most of you know that I LOVE pictures and I love photography. Some of you remember the wall of pictures I had at my parents house, some children had posters I had an entire wall that I built up over about 10 years of pictures of my friends and I doing fun things. A whole wall. I think at one point I had a picture of the wall itself :). Some of you know me from working with me and remember all the pictures plastered all over my desk of my friends and I. Some of you can tell that just by looking at this blog, and the amount of pictures I have here. I ADORE pictures, and really love how you can capture a whole memory in a frame. For my birthday this year Keith got me a SLR camera and a lens which is what I take the pictures on this blog with. I REALLY wanted another lens but they are pricey. The one I want is over a $1000.00 on some sites, although I have seen it for around $500.00 at the lowest. I can't quite spend that right now, and some of these lenses are too complicated for me to use --but I wouldn't get to play with them till I bought them...until this week. I found a website on Yelp.com where they rent lenses!! The site is http://www.borrowedlenses.com/ and it is wonderful. It is located in San Mateo, however they offer shipment to your house as well. For about $20 a week you can play with these lenses that would cost a small fortune to purchase. I rented a Canon Fish-eye 2.8 and a Macro Lens. The Fish-eye/wide angle is by far my favorite. I love it because it is fairly easy to use and the results are instant. The Macro Lens takes some practice, but does great detail shots. So as you can imagine all week I have been snapping photos of everything!! I still have another 4 days left...

Aside from picture taking it was another birthday week. Julie's birthday was Nov. 8th, and Ashlei my sister-in-law was Nov. 7th. We still need to celebrate Julie's although we gave her the gift and card we got her last weekend. For Ashlei we had a dinner at home for her and cooked her favorite meal. I made centerpieces that were pink because that is her favorite color, and we did pink cosmos to match the theme (once a party planner always one :)). Darrian napped through the whole thing and we enjoyed a very nice dinner at home. Ashlei at one point said this is better than a restaurant which made me happy. I love when you can transform your space to feel like something different and have a fun enjoyable experience. (yup sounds like VanDeCamp is coming back)...

Friday I went to take Darrian to see Grandma at work and for me to see some old co-workers of mine. It was nice seeing everyone although never really enough time to catch up.
Here are links to albums for pictures of the bday party and Darrian week seven :). I also downloaded Adobe to play with their albums and such so this is my first try. I can upload many more pictures in a faster form, and you don't have to sign up for anything to view them (that is for you Devyn). I am also going to put a few of my fav pictures on here just because..

Darrian Week Seven: The pictures are going to flip onto the screen and then you can flip through them after using the arrows at the top right.

Ashlei's 21st birthday dinner party: This one you scroll over the pictures at the bottom to get a better look.

Fish Eye Wide angle lens..





The Macro Lens..






0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...