LIFE AFTER WE DO’S

Thursday, May 10, 2007

....Some favorites....


Last night I had an appointment and Keith came with so we could leave to go to Ikea right after. We were going to pick up more hardwood flooring to put down in what will be the babies room. Keith REALLY wants hardwood in there, I have a fear that the child will never learn to walk because their socks will slip all over the place. However much like the rest of the house I have caved, because in the end Keith usually knows best when it comes to these things.

So we ran to Ikea and got the hardwood and I had to EAT, it was 8:30 and I was starving. We decided to go to Angelina's Kitchen. http:///angelineskitchen.com/ . I went here with Sofia and Nicole about two weeks ago, and the food was wonderful !! Although the service was horrible just really slow, really really slow. I brought Keith a slice of Banana bread pudding, which I don't even like but loved the taste of theirs. As soon as he tried it he wanted to go back and get some, he went one evening and got take out. Since we were in the area he wanted to go back again. They have Boudin which is a favorite of Keith's from his days in Louisiana and he was amazed to find a place here that had it. He talked for a while with the owner who said they have been very busy and Keith told him he was sitting on a gold mine... because there is nothing like it around really. It isn't soul food, but just really really good Cajun food. Last night I had the Voo Doo shrimp and sweet tea which is now a new favorite of mine, and Keith had the Shrimp Po' Boy' Sandwich which he kept saying was REALLY good. It was a nice night. I recommend everyone go there and try the food.

But back to baby rooms.. here are some ideas I have about the babies room, actually I am pretty set on them. I know I want chocolate brown and pink or baby blue as the colors and a beige in there too. Here are some crib sets I love!!

This would be for a boys room, but we wouldn't do all the walls just the back wall that the crib would be against. I would also use more chocolate brown in the paint somewhere.







I also like this for a boys room, but I think that it would need some blue so I am not sold on it.

And then for girl rooms... I really love this one, but I don't think we would do the circles cause they look pretty hard, again it would be one back wall, and I think we might do these colors in squares like the first one.












Some others that I like that are pretty neutral I think...

This one is nice, but our living room has similar colors and I don't know if that would be overkill, I think it would be. I do like the circles on the wall and that might be a way to get the circles in on the first one
And we can maybe do the circles like this in the pink and chocolate brown stripes on the wall for the first one, I really like this one too.


0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...