LIFE AFTER WE DO’S

Monday, December 04, 2006

'TIS THE SEASON!
It's that time of the year again, December is upon us. Keith and I had a good weekend. We tried to get things in order for the "season". It was a busy weekend, but busy in a good way and I still did feel like I got time to rest.
Friday Devyn and I had tickets to go see a comedy show in Oakland at the Paramount Theatre. We decided to eat at Le Cheval ahead of time, if you have never been you need to go! The food is really good, and so is the drink menu. Devyn and I ordered the same drink and we ended up being set for the rest of the evening, it was pretty strong! We really enjoyed the comedy, all the comedians were really funny! I really wanted to see Laveal, I had seen him on TV and his acts make me laugh! He was really good and so was Rickey Smiley who I have seen before--but his stuff is stories that just make you crack up! It was nice to just LAUGH.
Then Saturday Keith and I went to see my Dad, then to lunch at Houlihans by the mall. It was nuts at the mall! Then we went back home and watched the end of the USC game. It didn't go the way I wanted it to go--Keith all of a sudden became a UCLA fan! Mainly because it was annoying and he found it funny! After that I got ready to go to meet Devyn in Berkeley to go into the city to meet a co-worker and a friend of her co-workers. We met them in the mission district where we found parking after a few drives around the block. We followed Pam's lead as we walked to this great little Italian place called "The Last Supper Club". They had a really neat atmosphere and the food and drinks were also really good. After that we went to Madjool where they have a rooftop bar to grab a few more drinks, then off to northbeach for dessert and drinks. It was a lot of fun, but I was really tired at the end of it all.
Sunday, Keith and I watched the niner game it didn't go the way I wanted either. It was the Reggie Bush show as he danced all over the niners. After that depression we went to go see my Dad so Keith could cut his hair. Then we left to go pick out our tree for Christmas! We had all intentions of getting a 5-6 ft. tree. We left with a 8 ft. tree!! hahaha. What can I say it called to us. I think part of it is that we have never had a place big enough to have a 8 ft. tree, so we went a little crazy! I swear it didn't look as big on the tree lot. So we stuffed it in the car (literally) and got it home. It was an adventure and as soon as we got it in the house we could not stop laughing! It is pretty huge! We are going to have to amp up our decoration count in order to make it look decorated. We are planning on decorating it over dinner sometime this week! I will of course post pictures here when we do!!
Here are some pictures of our weekend:

Le Cheval in Oakland (wonderful place)



Paramount Theatre in Oakland
Dev and I ready for the show
some of the cool ceilings and design of the Paramount
Leveal...he's a big guy


menu of the Last Supper Club in SF

Cool Fountain INSIDE ...

View from rooftop bar in SF

The Hunt for the perfect Christmas tree 2006 ....
Keith saying "is this one too big?"

"look here's a perfect one it is full all over"
Getting ready to go home
Need to get a fresh cut first!
Good thing we don't have too far to go!
Finally home and on a Stand !!!












0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...